Discover the possibilities for your home with our blind design blogs giving you the latest trends and colours for a luxurious life style that doesn’t have to cost the earth.
We are sorry to inform all of our loyal customers we have decided to close our office & showroom to the public as of today. We will also not undertake any new calls for estimates or installations in customers homes or workplaces. We are sorry for any inconvenience, we hope you understand.Please everyone stay safe & we will see you soon!Read More →
To kick off our 50th birthday celebrations we’re offering all our loyal customers 20% off through out the rest of Spring and look out for lots of great discounts and prices throughout the rest of the year as we continue to celebrate our birthday. The special offer is on all our products including our fantastic Disney range.
Read More →
We were very proud to sponsor an evening with Carl Frampton on Saturday night on behalf of Declan Caddell a great servant of Crusaders Football Club and the local community. Carl was in great form giving everyone there a tremendous insight into to what makes a World Champion. We hope our competition wins Susan and her husband had as good a night as we did and we look forward to lots more surprises this year as we celebrate 50 of Vista Blinds in N IrelandRead More →
OUR CONTRACT TOGETHER
Vista Blinds offer a bespoke service which provides you with choice of blind type; colour; material and design made to measure which is ‘unique’ to your home.
With regards to your choice of blind type; colour; material and design, we will outline any specific characteristics of all these so that you are fully briefed on all aspects of your choice.
It is important that you understand that some designs and colour may appear slightly different to what you envisaged in the swot sample. In the case of wooden venetian blinds, it is important to understand that all natural wood has blemishes and will change colour over time.
It is important to us that it is your choice and yours alone. Once we are clear on this we will proceed to draw up our contract together.
We take precise measurements of the windows you want blinds for. We display a variety of blinds and materials guided by your preferences. We will make helpful suggestions on both blinds and materials based upon our experience, however whatever you decide on, it is your choice entirely.
When we have verbally agreed our contract together, we will complete your order and can email you a copy that day which you can return to us confirming you are happy to proceed or if you are happy to proceed with the order during our call all we ask you to do is sign the electronic order on our tablet computers. If you are happy with all aspects of this order we will proceed with your order. Once we receive your confirmation we will immediately place your order into our production system and complete within approximately seven to 10 working days.
Once we have fitted your new blinds if there are any snags with regard to fitting, we will correct these immediately. We stress that if your choice of blind type; colour; material and design does not meet with your expectation, we regret that this is not part of our contract together.
We sincerely look forward to working for you on this contract.Read More →
We’re surrounded by plastic. Just think about every piece we touch in a single day: shopping bags, food containers, straws, water bottles – the list is endless. We depend on plastic, but this comes at a steep price.
Have you heard of plastic pollution?
It’s a growing and worrying problem. In the first decade of this century, we produced more plastic than all the plastic ever produced in history up to the year 2000. And unfortunately, every year, millions of tons of that mass produced plastic ends up in the world’s oceans. In fact, it is estimated that we have six times more plastic than plankton in our oceans!
Most of us know little or even nothing about the devastation that occurs under the surface of the water. The durable nature of plastic can take hundreds of years to degrade.
But the problem with plastic pollution doesn’t just hurt marine species, it’s also harmful to us humans. As plastic debris floats in the seawater, it absorbs dangerous pollutants. These chemicals are highly toxic and have a wide range of chronic effects, including endocrine disruption and cancer-causing mutations. When animals eat plastic pieces, the toxins are absorbed into their body and passed up the food chain.
Basically, we are what we eat! Up to 1 in 3 fish caught for human consumption now contain plastic so this problem affects everyone.
In an attempt to make a difference to the growing problem of plastic infiltrating our oceans, Style Studio has introduced Greenscreen Sea-Tex. This fabric has been developed using recycled shoreline plastic, which has been recovered from beaches, remote coastlines and inland waterways. The plastic is processed, and spun into Bionic yarn to be used within the woven structure of the Sea-Tex fabric.
Sea-Tex is a semi-transparent roller screen fabric with Flame Retardant features and is available in 5 Shades
Turning ocean plastic into fabric is both inspiring and environmentally friendly. Isn’t it time to live smarter?
Read More →
Oh boy, are we excited to introduce to you our new Disney, Star Wars™ and Marvel window blinds! from one of favorite suppliers Louvolite. Bring your favorite characters to life and into your home with these special window blind designs.
In partnership with The Walt Disney Company, we have launched our initial 12 window blind designs with many more to be introduced as new films are released! Now you can keep up to date with all of your favorite characters as their adventures unfold on our screens. Whether you’re feeling nostalgic or treating the little ones, become a part of the adventure this 2019!Read More →
🎅🏼🎄Countdown to Christmas is on 🎄🎅🏼
Want your blinds fitted in time for the festive period?
Here’s some dates for your diary…
For our Wooden Venetian range/Romans last orders are Saturday 1st December.
For all other blinds in our range last orders are Saturday 8th December.
Get your orders in early to avoid disappointment! Ring us on 02890869831!
Congratulations to Jenny Stewart we hope you enjoy your prize
🎃🎃 Halloween Competition Time🎃🎃
Vista is giving one lucky person a chance to win our Halloween prize of a family ticket to Streamvale Farm! (any six people)
MASSIVE £300 Vista Blinds Voucher!
For a chance to win all you have to do is;
– Like our page✔️
– Share & like this post✔️
– Tag three friends✔️
Why You Need Roman Blinds For Your Home
Roman blinds are the perfect mixture of a blind and a curtain. They’re practical, flexible and incredibly stylish.
One of the biggest benefits of Roman blinds is the sheer amount of options available. Depending on what you choose for your interior, the blinds can be tailored and masculine or soft and feminine.
With so many different styles to choose from, and the fact that these blinds can be made out of just about any fabric, including sheers, you’re sure to find the perfect Roman blinds for your home.
Different Types of Roman Blinds
The two main types of Roman Blinds are Classic and Flat. There are also hobbled and looped varieties.
1. Flat Roman BlindsThis variety consists of a fabric panel that lies flat against your window when lowered. The flat blinds form a neat stack of folds when raised, looking like a neat accordion. The overall look is minimalist and tidy. The blinds can appear as a single solid piece or be made with pleats that are visible when the blind is fully raised.When closed, the light filtering through the blind reveals that textures and patterns that you just would not have seen with gathered drapes.
2. Hobbled or Looped BlindsThese varieties have pleats or folds that cascade down the face of the blind to create beautiful depth on the flat surface of the fabric. The seamed style boasts a smooth, flat finish that works really well with solid colours or smaller patterns.
Why Use Roman
2. Hobbled or Looped Blinds these varieties have pleats or folds that cascade down the face of the blind to create beautiful depth on the flat surface of the fabric. The seamed style boasts a smooth, flat finish that works really well with solid colours or smaller patterns.
Why Use Roman Blinds?
When you think about window treatments, Roman blinds really are the ideal compromise between stylish practicality and soft fabrics. Here are just a few reasons to consider Roman blinds for your windows.
1. Great Where Space is TightBlinds are a great solution when curtains would look bulky and simply get in the way of radiators and furniture. If you want to create a cosier and softer look than Venetians or rollers, Roman blinds are the way to go.
2. So Many Stunning FabricsOne of the biggest benefits of Roman blinds is that they really make a feature of their fabric. Where patterned curtains can overwhelm a smaller space, Roman blinds cover a more contained area beautifully. Remember, when the blinds are pulled up, they stack, so they don’t go right to the top of the window. This does block a little bit of natural light, but it’s no big deal.
3. Roman Blinds Soften a Kitchen SpaceRoman blinds are just such a natural choice for kitchens. They seem to add a great deal of softness that counters metres of shiny tiles, cabinets and worktops. Checks and stripes tend to be classic choices in a kitchen space, but you could also opt for a bright shade or bold florals.
4. They Look Neat and FreshRoman blinds are the ideal compromise in rooms where you have a number of windows. For instance, in a light airy living room, curtains might cover up half the window frames and walls and just look busy. Roman blinds, though, fold away neatly and keep things looking contemporary.
5. Stylish with CurtainsRoman blinds work extremely well when layered with curtains for optimal insulation and privacy. They don’t have to be an exact match, but a design that goes well with your curtain material.
6. They Work in Bedrooms, TooCurtains in bedrooms tend to get dusty, whereas Roman blinds are an excellent alternative. Just make sure you get your beautiful blinds lined with blackout material to complete darkness. Also, there shouldn’t be any spaces around the sides to ensure light doesn’t seep in around the edges of the blinds.
7. They Can Even Work in BathroomsRoman blinds can look lovely in bathrooms, especially if you’re going for period elegance. Just keep in mind that there is the potential for splashes, so only install blinds in bathrooms that are well insulated.
8. They’re Great on a BudgetRoman blinds don’t have to cost an arm and a leg. While they do become somewhat pricier than roller blinds, you can have yours made to measure at highly competitive prices. You could also opt for a cheaper fabric to keep costs down.
9. They Work in Just About Every Room in the HouseYou may not always call roller or Venetian blinds stylish, but Roman blinds truly are. They’re also incredibly adaptable. They can work in your formal living room or your country cottage. They also allow you to effortlessly use the space under the windows.
10. They’re Perfect for Wider Windows an exceptionally wide Roman blind can look very pretty. Roman blinds tend to vary in terms of how modern or traditional they are, so when it comes to choosing a blind, make sure you check out these details, as well as how they tend to pleat when they are raised.
So, you’re sold on the idea of Roman blinds? Let’s look at how you can make the best use of them.
1. The Rooms let’s begin with the rooms. As mentioned, the versatility of these blinds means they can be used in just about any and every room in your home. You can use different fabrics for each room, too, depending on how much sunlight streams through the windows. Roman blinds can also frame windows much better than Venetian, roller or vertical blinds.What’s more, the blinds provide exceptional insulation and look homely when used in studies, bedrooms and living rooms. They also provide a clean finish as décor in conference rooms and offices. Roman blinds are truly timeless in their use and look amazing in any room with the right fabric and design.
2. Using Roman Blinds in Bathrooms and KitchensRoman blinds with traditional fabrics can’t be used in damp spaces like bathrooms and kitchens, so it is important to select fabrics that won’t accumulate mould and dust in the humid environment. Kitchen blinds do tend to soak up grease and oils, allowing dust to cake on them. Be sure to manually clean away grease and grime regularly to keep your blinds looking tidy and clean.The more luxurious fabrics such as velvet, faux silks and taffeta will show moisture damage. Rather opt for a polyester or cotton blend, or even 100% cotton for humid rooms as they are much easier to clean and can be washed regularly. You can also use bold designs and patterns to make the damage look less obvious.
3. Choosing Linings and FabricsWhen it comes to blinds, you need to consider the fact that direct sunlight can result in fading of the fabric and lining colours. So, even if they do look colourful from the inside of your rooms, they may well look patchy and dull from the outside. You can avoid this, though, by choosing the best types of linings and fabrics.For instance, light-weight fabrics such as taffeta and faux silk, as well as medium-weight fabrics such as linen and cottons, offer a sharp and crisp fold to the blinds. However, heavier fabrics like pure wool or chenille offer neat folds and professional pleats. Heavier fabrics are great for insulating ill-fitting windows.The blinds’ linings support the structure and shape of the window dressings, and also work to hide the dowels and tape channels. The lining further acts as an additional filter between the face fabric and sunlight, preventing fading. You can’t use coloured lining since fading will make it look striped and worn. Overall, blackout linings are the most popular since they reduce the rate of fabric fading as well as adding excellent insulation.